Use the CocoBed as a growing medium for your edible microgreens
Organic ・Sustainable ・Healthy・Compostable
Simple steps to grow microgreens
- Wash CocoBed in water gently first for about 1 minute to remove debris
- Place in a container or on a plate. They fit takeaway containers perfectly!
- Sprinkle UrbanSproutz all-organic seeds evenly on top and spray with water (filtered if you have it).
- Place in dark for 3 days, spraying daily. Seeds should be always moist!
You must cover your container or place in a box/ cupboard - as long as it is completely dark.
- Yeah, so there is no picture here as its really dark. As it should be!
- Day 4 remove from blackout - microgreens should be 5cm high and yellow
- Place in a bright and breezy position (not direct sun) and water roots daily
- Day 7-10 harvest by cutting slightly above the Coco Bed !
- Day 7 -10 use what you need and eat raw with your meals.
- ENJOY this nutrient-rich superfood. Congratulations Urban Farmer!
Now Available direct form the US :
For extra umph use organic certified Organic Ocean Plant Food for plant nutrients when watering after day 3. Remember it is concentrated so (as a rule of thumb) use 10ml Ocean Solution in a syringe and add to 1 litre of water. Or half both quantities.
We recommend using a new Coco Bed every grow for freshness.
Recycle Coco Bed after use by cutting up and putting in pots / garden soil.
Follow us on Insta @urban_sproutz for many food ideas